6.15.2007

excited yet listless

Ah, a fresh blog. Clean slate. Feels good.

A while ago my friend Jon told me about his goal of writing a list of 101 things he wanted to do, in every different subject of life, in the next 1001 days. It sounded like a mountainous task, then I read his list and realized, "Wow, this isn't a list of work... these are things that he really wants to do".

So my opinion of the list of lists has changed - 101 things I want to accomplish - no strict deadlines, no getting fired if I don't accomplish it... just a way to tangibly go about life in a purposeful way. I think it will be very revealing, and I'll probably learn a fair amount along the way. 1001 days - that's 2 years, 38 weeks, and 5 days... so sometime at the beginning of 2010 I should be close to finished. Yeah, that's just crazy to think about.

Well, first things first. I'm listless and need to create a list. So I'll begin to do that over the next several days and add them to the right side of my blog, and I'll cross them off as I go and add comments and stories for reading pleasure.

No comments: