8.14.2008

lunch with a friend

Yesterday I ate lunch with my good friend Scott. And while Scott and I are about the same age I consider him a person I look up to simply because of the fact he has experienced so many different things in life already, and he has the uncanny ability to speak about anything and everything with a degree of wisdom.

Over the last year Scott sold his car among other things and moved from Nashville to the Czech Republic to pursue a lifelong passion to learn more about that culture and the people. He has spent the year touring Europe, getting ingrained in the Prague lifestyle and taking up a personal street ministry in his spare time. In a lot of ways he personifies the Tim Ferriss "4 Hour Work Week" lifestyle - at least he's the only person I know personally that is coming close to doing that.

What it really comes down to is that he's pursuing that which he's really passionate about in his youth... I respect that, and I want to find a way to do that myself.

Keep tabs on Scott's travels through the Czech Republic at youtube.com/czechscottout.

No comments: